Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No Sew Ragamuffin Fall Wreath

My girlfriend Danielle over at Danielle Bennett Photography is so unbelievably creative in so many ways, so when she sent me a picture of a fall no-sew wreath she was going to make, I jumped on board and ran out to the store to get the supplies!

Here's what I bought:
an 18" wire wreath frame $5

Quilting squares (50x52cm) at $1.99/each  plus a few ends that were $1/each


I threw in some ribbon to add some texture


You want to cut your fabric into strips that are aprox 1.5" wide and 10" long.
Its  A LOT of cutting...I ended up ripping the fabric and I love the rough edges it created.
(really bad quality picture taken with my phone)


Tie the pieces of fabric to your frame. 
I followed the pattern: 2 on the outside wires then 1 in the middle wires. 
The outside and the middle will overlap. 
I may not be describing this very well...but a picture is worth a thousand 
words...(see image below of Danielle's backside - teehee).

Tie ribbon to the center bumps in-between the frame sections
You will have approximately 20-24 ties on each section of your frame


and VOILA....



the close-up





and here is a picture of Danielle's beautiful fall wreath...







Brislane Interiors
Your Style. Your Comfort. You're Home.



2 comments:

Danielle Bennett said...

love the backside comment!

stef said...

Found you from Canadian mom's site-love to support fellow canadians-I'm your newest follower.

Post a Comment