Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today is brought to you by the letter "D"

http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2010/08/flaunt-it-friday-21.htmlI've been reading through blog-land about all the great stuff people are finding at yard sales and thrift stores so I decided to go check out one of the smaller thrift stores in my city earlier this week. I went in with a fairly open mind (as you need to) with just a few things that I was really looking for.

I didn't find what I had in mind but what I did find was unexpected (as most of you thrifters out there probably could have told me) and exciting!

One of my treasures was a a chunky letter "D" that I passed up on my first go-around. It was in a somewhat recognizable box (some big box store I'm sure) and 'as is' hideous. But after I made the full swoop I came back to it, not on purpose mind you, I just figured I'd take one more look down the first aisle in case my mind wasn't as open as it could have been when I first walked in. I took it out of the box, looked at, put it on the shelf...basically gave it the once-over and then walked away. I immediately turned around and picked it up - with my new found appreciation for spray paint I knew I could transform it for my youngest sons room.

I'm pretty new to this whole bloggin-thang so I keep forgetting to take pictures of my projects until they are completed - which is usually when I'm so giddy proud I think "I need to share this" then I realize that the transformation is a bit lost in translation without the "before" to accompany the "after". However this time I caught myself just after I started.

Here are a few pictures of one of my first thrift store treasures, what do you think?

The box...yup paid $1.99


Tried to capture the funky silver original paint, but this pic doesn't do it justice. And of course I had already sprayed the other side before I remembered to grab my camera.

Introducing "Heriloom White" by Rust-oleum...gotta love it!

and voila!




This project was shared on
  

Brislane Interiors
Your Style. Your Comfort. You're Home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment